Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Fun

This weekend was fun and filled with just the right amount of busy, if you ask me. Friday was the beginning of how things started. The weather has given us a break and has been super nice, so instead of going to the park on Friday afternoon, I drove Josie down to Galveston. We picked up Michael and went to the beach with our blankets and bag of sand toys. It was super windy as you can see in the videos, it was totally worth it though!


Saturday we woke up early. The contractors were going to be here for the last day to finish up our upstairs bathroom!
Bathroom before
Midway
THEN...
And FINALLY!!!!!

We now have a beautiful tub and shower combo! Not to mention that stinky gross carpet in the bathroom has been transformed into lovely tile! WOOHOO Josie celebrated with a bath :) and of course I am a ding dong and didn't take any pictures of it. :( sorry, but I did take pics of the Bathroom renovation process :)

While they were working on the bathroom, and we were stuck at home, I set up tables out in the driveway, and had michael help me drag out the several tubs of items that I had set aside and priced ready for a garage sale. We made enough to totally make it worth the sunburn that I got on my neck and shoulders lol. When Josie woke up from her nap,
Sarah and Josie and Michael and I went out for lunch. Michael had something like a Gyro but not... the rest of us ate at Chipotle MMM! After lunch we had to go to Marshals to exchange a pair of boots that Sarah had bought for Josie to wear this winter. We got a bigger size and I also found the cutest diaper bag (no I didn't buy it, it was $40 and I couldn't justify getting it when we already have diaper bags that I can use, but this is what it looks like...)

Saturday night was quiet and we went to bed kindof early.
Sunday we woke up, had coffee, went to Starbucks to get the Sunday paper, and Josie likes to go visit the fish at Petsmart, so thats what we did. Then we came home and Josie took her nap, I worked on the downstairs half bath a little more, while making the Lemon pound cake for Michael's birthday today. I wasnt sure how it was going to turn out, since our oven doesn't bake things well. So we went to the store, where I got things to make an appetizer, and we got a carrot cake from Target (they are amazing!)
Sarah and Andrew, Helen, Julie, and the Rosendahls Joined us for dinner. Helen and Julie made steaks, I tried out a new recipe of coconut shrimp, Sarah helped Helen make the mashed potatoes, and Amanda made some of the most amazing green beans wrapped in bacon that I have ever eaten. OMG they were DEVINE TO THE MAX!!! This is some of the fun that Josie and her best friend Laine had.
Josie with a cupcake!
All in all a wonderful weekend.


Side note, today marks week 26! This is the last week of my 6th month of pregnancy, as well as the last week of my second trimester! Time is a flying!

1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

That is an AMAZING dance Josie's got there! She needs to teach it to Laine, for serious.
I can't believe you are already out of your second trimester, this pregnancy is moving along so quickly, and so much easier it seems than with Josie.
Tahnks for inviting us over for dinner last night. It was so amazing. I want to die and go to Heaven and live in a house made out of those shrimp. A house made out of the shrimp with a pool full of limes and even though I'd already be in dead and in Heaven, I'd probabley die again.
Happy.
No joke.

Post a Comment