Saturday, October 24, 2009

Weekend Fun Pt 1

This weekend was super awesome. Friday I picked up Avery in the afternoon, she and Josie each had snacks, Josie had Goldfish, and Avery had been given a popcorn ball as her treat at daycare. They elected to trade, which as long as they worked it out and were happy, then I was happy haha.
Josie with her popcorn ball.
I decided that it was perfect timing going to the park, it was afternoon and the weather was so nice, and we had time to kill anyhow before Daddy got home. We went to Stevenson Park. The girls ran around for a while on the playground stuff, and all was well until some super rowdy boys that were older came, they were screaming and throwing things and Josie acted a little freaked out by it all (Avery is much more use to being around rowdy crazy kids, so she thought nothing of it.) So i decided to see if the girls would like to go "exploring," which they did, so we walked around the park on the trail. We looked for squirrels and fallen leaves, and pine cones and rocks, and areas that were flooded from the storm early Thursday morning. We got to where the pool was, and a High School swim team must use the pool, because there were a bunch of kids swimming laps. Josie was pretty upset seeing them in the water, she really really wanted to go swimming too. Poor kiddo. It wasn't too chilly, but the breeze was cool enough that a light sweater definitely was more comfortable. The girls ran around the big gazebo for a while and then we finished up walking the trail and ended back up at the car. We made it home, and the girls played, we had dinner, the girls got their first bath together in the new bathtub upstairs! Then, kind of last min, I decided that I would go see Law Abiding Citizen with my person and her husband. I was happy to get out of the house and hang out. The movie was pretty good, I have a big celebrity crush on Gerard Butler anyhow, so that made the movie better, in my opinion.
Saturday we woke up and watched a little TV while waking up. Had our beverages of choice, coffee for the adults and chocolate milk for the kiddos. Then we had oatmeal for breakfast. After we ate we decided to get ready for the day. It took a while for Michael and I to get showered and ready and to get the girls in their cute halloween outfits (not their costumes.) Michael wanted more coffee and wanted to get a new book to read, and so we packed up and when Aunt Sarah got here, we left for Barnes and Noble (they have a Starbucks connected to them.) We hung out there for quite a while, when the Rosendahl's joined us we headed out to the pumpkin patch! We took some pictures, and bought some pumpkins!


On our way home, we grabbed some quick lunch, and the girls finally got to take their naps round 2:30. I laid down with Josie. She has been terrified of the smoke detector in her room ever since it beeped in the middle of the night apparently needing a new battery SHEESH! Then I cut the front yard. When the girls woke up, Damien was just getting dropped off, and I laid down two huge blankets on the yard for us all to lounge on for a little bit. Damien walked with me as I pulled the girls in their wagon around the block. We played with a ball in the yard, and when Kerry arrived a little later, we sat on the blankets and had some coffee and talked and Michael felt adventurous and washed his car! Josie and Avery decided to help and when Kerry and Damien left, we quickly gave my car a fast scrub down too. Then we came in, the girls got into dry clothes and I threw together a late dinner, pasta shells with zucchini and broccoli in a garlic butter E.V.O.O. sauce. I served it with fresh crumbled mozzarella cheese and pesto, and fresh sliced tomatoes for those who wanted it. It was a build your own pasta bowl dinner. Micahel gave me a pretty amazing compliment. He said that my cooking has gotten a lot better, that I am a lot better at making good food and throwing together some amazing dishes with no recipe, just things that we have. I thanked him and said that was a really nice compliment and I am happy to hear that! We finished the night off with watching Winnie the Pooh. The girls never ask to watch this movie, but they love it. Its too cute.

1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

That's a great weekend right there lady! We had so much fun with you guys at the pumpkin patch, I'm glad we all get to do that together.
And that dinner does sound amazing. Its always great to get a complimnet from the ones you're cookign for. Yay you!
Sweet pictures too, I've already stolen all of them for my computer. I'll probably use one or two for my blog too, haha!

Post a Comment