Monday, October 26, 2009

The Rest of the Weekend Update


Sunday was an easy day as usual. Michael slept late, because he went to bed at 5 am, for why, who knows. When we all were up and ready, we made our Sunday trip to Starbucks where they were out of the Sunday paper :*( BOO! But we got our treats, and I went next door to Ulta for new mascara and a new nail polish color. (its a neat robins egg blue! see pic above)
Then we went to look at the fish etc at Petsmart (because its fun and the girls love animals.)
While the girls napped, I went with Sarah and Helen to run some errands. I picked up some things to help Josie learn her letter. I chose lower case magnetic letters (she loves playing with magnets on the fridge while I am cooking, so between the letters and the colors, we will work on learning them little by little) I also got some colored feathers to glue on stuff for crafts, and since Josie likes to paint, they had packs of bingo stampers of different colors, and a book that will allow her to stamp her letters and numbers, also some tissue paper squares in different colors to make rainbows etc with. I cant wait!
I got our weeks of groceries as well as we were out. When we got home, I rushed to put it all away, because Michelle was on her way to pick up Avery. I wanted avery to be able to decorate her pumpkin before she left. We were able to do that with the girls, and we got some family pics, and played in the front yard for a bit hahaha.
I have to say how grateful I am of our family's situation. Michael and Michelle have a very happy cordial relationship, all of us do. Therefore, we are all able to come together with no issues at all for Avery when there are birthdays or recitals etc. Its wonderful and we are all so lucky. I made black bean enchiladas, which are so easy, but I was stupid and put too much garlic, and since I dont have a food processor, i used a blender for the ingredients, and I think that the onion and the garlic in the blender woke their flavors up TOO MUCH. I couldn't finish dinner thats how garlic-ie it was. EWW. Needless to say, I wont be doing that again. Its too bad too, Michael had been really awesome at telling me how much better my cooking has gotten. lol. It happens though.






















1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

Those are great pictures, and what an awesome family photo, Josie is smiling at the camera and everything!
I love how different both the girls pumpkins are, what a great idea to use Mr/Mrs Potato Head peices for the faces, That'll take the mess out of it, and clean up must have been a breeze.
Also the yard looks great, you're such a great momma having that grass perfect for running around. It looks like they are having so much fun :)

Post a Comment