Friday, October 9, 2009

AHH!! WOOHOO


Yesterday we did the, just wear panties and see what happens. I started yesterday because mid morning she peed in her diaper then wanted to use the potty, so I took her lead, and said, "Lets try using the big girl potty thing again." She did not make it in the potty once, but she sure noticed when she peed! So today, when we came downstairs to get chocolate milk and breakfast, she saw her Vroom Vroom underwear, and was pretty excited about them! (Thats a big plus if you ask me, because maybe she will be more successful in only using the potty because she won't want to potty in her favorite undies????) So we were off to a shaky start, she wanted to wear the underwear, but I told her that the only way she could wear them was to give sitting on the potty a good try. She had the patience this time, the potty chair was in the living room, next to the coffee table, and she had some toys (a teenage mutant ninja turtle, and one of the good guy rabbit dudes who is a samurai according to daddy) and I went to go put some dry cereal in a bowl for her while she waited to potty, and I heard music practically!!!! I heard that awesome noise that told me that she DID IT! OH just imagine the singing and clapping and YAY YOU's!!!! that were thrown about, there were high fives and pictures and video. see!?!?!

I know that there will be lots more accidents, but every little accomplishment is a celebration here :)
My biggest wish was just to be able to get her to want to sit on the potty regularly, and I am combining that
with her wearing panties, so that she really knows when she goes potty, and it helps me know when
she goes potty. :) Accidents will happen, and she will still be wearing her diapers at night or maybe pull
ups again depending on what seems best at the time. :) Im not stressing that she be potty trained
before Nicolette is born. I want her to be ready when she is ready. We seem to be on the right schedule
and we are doing alright so far! :) Yesterday we were 0 for 4... or so, and today we have 1 for 3... thats
a huge step in the right direction if you ask me!
Mommy is super proud of you Josie! Keep up the great work!





1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

HOORAY BEAN!!!
CONGRATS MOMMY!
What a big step! I'm so happy and proud for you both!
And how cool is the Vrrom Vroom underwear?
Yay JoBean!
Happy Day!

Post a Comment