Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thank Heaven for little

Yesterday, Monday August, 17, 2009 at 17 weeks along, we had an appointment to go to the radiology department of the Women's Hospital to have them to an anatomy ultrasound. The main purpose is to make sure that the baby is doing everything that its suppose to be doing, and growing, OH and you can usually tell the gender. The Tech showed us the head, and the abdomen and then asked if we wanted to know the gender, and when I looked at the screen, I already knew. I said Its a girl! and she said yes, its a girl. HA Of course I smiled, because then I knew. Michael and I are both happy regardless and our only real preferences if to have a healthy and happy baby. Obviously since we do not have any little boys, it probably would have been a celebration for accomplishment, getting to have a boy and a girl in the first two try's, but instead we get to have a new baby girl. Its nice, we have tons of girl things, although I think its nice for everyone to have their own things and not just be destined to have nothing but hand me downs :) For Michael really though this is his third daughter, which I am a third daughter, so I have a lot in common with her already. Josie has broken a lot of the misconceptions for Michael and I that we may have had about girls, she is not too girly. She is fine with wearing a dress or wearing a skirt, will usually let me do her hair lol, likes to be the mama to her baby dolls, but also really likes dinosaurs, animals, cars, sports, won't watch a princess movie at all, but loves the movie cars, a bugs life, the bee movie, finding nemo, and monsters inc. We can totally handle two girls. Will there be any more babies in the future? I have no clue. We have to do it one at a time and figure out what we can handle and afford etc. Right now the number one thing for me is to figure out a name for this sweet little girl, so that when she meets the world, she will have an amazing, unique, special name of her very own. Wish us luck, we aren't able to agree on many names. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment