Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This and That

Last Saturday, Amanda, Erik and Laine came over for dinner. We all pitched in and made a southern shrimp boil with red beans and rice, and Amanda made Cornbread! Josie felt like a big girl holding Laine. They are the difference in age that Josie and Avery are, so some day when they are a lot older, maybe we can embarrass them with this picture heheheh.


Lately we have been making pictures for people. She has more of an interest in actually coloring a decent amount on a page, and I can ask her what some things are and she will say something like MEMOMEMOMEMOME (which is Nemo) or Bumble Bee, or Star, or Moon, or Meow (for a Cat) etc. I think its cute, and she likes practicing her coloring :) She holds a crayon well and is becoming a master of sticker application.



Then here is the part where I explain my life in terms of weeks of pregnancy that I am in hahah. This is me at 16 weeks 2 days.
I thought for a while, like from 13 weeks or so that I could feel little flutters when I would lay quietly on my back, but those don't seem to happen quite so much... so maybe the baby is just busy growing, and maybe when the baby is most active, maybe I am too and its just too little for me to notice it, and think its just normal belly functions. In 6 days, which is this coming Monday, we have an appointment to have the big Anatomy Ultrasound done at the hospital. I will be 17 weeks then, so its kinda on the early side of doing the scan... (as in I think I was 19 weeks when they did one when I was pregnant with Josie) but Michael will have Monday off, as his last day off post his knee surgery (which is tomorrow morning!) He wanted to be able to attend that ultrasound, so we figured that we would try to schedule it for a day that he already had off! I hope that we get to figure out the gender, and more importantly I hope that they are able to do a good scan of the baby, and that regardless of the gender, that it is healthy and thriving well.

In other news, Michael has been putting off the cause of his knee pain for a while. Last year, well almost 2 years ago maybe, he went to an orthopedist to get his knee checked out. Its painful for him, and they told him that he could have a tear in his meniscus, recently he went to the Dr. again and its apparent that he indeed needs surgery. It will be his first surgery, and he is nervous. He doesn't like the notion that he will be incapacitated and subject to scalpels and heavy drugs that will make him unaware to things being done to him. Thankfully he trusts his Dr. and believes that going through with the surgery will be for the best, as do I. So bright and early tomorrow morning we will arrive where we are suppose to at 6 am, he will be prepped for surgery to begin at 7:15, which should take about another hour, and I assume that we should be home by noon.

1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

That is a great picture of your Bean and my Bit.

Josie does hold the crayon well, maybe she'll want to start learning to write letters and words soon. Then she can be years ahead of everyone in school and be the super smart girl that's cool too. Oh, she already is... well we just need to wait for her to start school so everyone there can stand in awe of the Josieness.

Post a Comment