Monday, August 24, 2009

Catch up Ketchup

I started this blog forever ago, and I have only made like 23 posts. I guess its not that big of a deal, but for sure I am not posting a blog a day, nor even a blog a week. SO.... here goes me posting a blog, even though I don't really think I have anything blog worthy to blog about... let me ponder this. OOOOH wait, yes I do! Michael was bringing Josie downstairs yesterday before Avery was about to go home, and he was all excited because he swears that she said "Bye, Red Ball" and "Bye, Game room." Thats a big deal, she has been mildly curious about colors, enjoys the alphabet song, but her words aren't quite ready to say them all yet. So for her to say Red, let alone pair it with an object like ball, well YAHOO! Thats a first, and that AMAZE-A-ING!! Also never before have I heard her say the word game, let alone pairing it with room (a word she has been using this past week) She is saying phrases like "all gone" "all done" "I don't know" "a, bubby? which means where's bubby?" "more please" "I want food/juice, please" "There it/he/she is"
Other words that she says are Mom/mommy, Avery, Sarah, Andrew, Bubby, Bubba, Grammy, Daddy, Doggie, Read, See, ok, Yeah, No, YAY!, WAH WAH, Oh no, Nemo, Boat, Baby, Boo, Ball, Juice, Food, Hi, Bye, Mine, Empty, Roar, Shoes, Bumble bee, Kitty, T is her blanket, Moo, Vroom, beep-beep, peep-peep, along with noises that squirrels, fish, monsters, lions, tigers, bears, cats, dogs, bee's, pigs, and ducks make... (I am sure I have missed something here lol)
She is broadening her vocabulary at a steady pace, and likes me to read to her, so I at the very least try to read one book a day with her, even if its a bedtime story, she loves them. The more I read, and the more words she hears, the better she will be able to comprehend and hopefully say new words.
She is due for her 2 year old shots, which I think is just one shot... I have to check. I am considering trying to find a Pediatrician that I like here closer to home. Its a long drive to her Dr now, and on top of it, we have to pay for parking :( So yeah.
Today I am 18 weeks pregnant! We still haven't committed to a name yet. What goes well with Alice, or Darby, or Maggie, or Mae, or Lulu, or Mia, or Harley, or Harper? Which ones do I like the most? UGH decisions. Her kicks are getting stronger, little bit by little bit. They are on the cusp from changing from flutters to kicks and jabs. I will take them as little reminders to pick out a name already! hehehe.
Also this past weekend we had Damien, we watched him for Dave and Kerry while they went a gambling. He ended up spending the night. I have to say, finding something for a 2 and 3 year old set of girls, to pair up with something that a 10 year old boy would like to do was a bit of a challenge. Michael and I got it done though, and we even maybe had fun! haha.
Til next time.

1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

I'm still a fan of Alice McFee. But that's just me. :)

Post a Comment