Thursday, April 30, 2009

Who used the big girl potty on April 30 2009?

JOSIE DID!!!!
No, I wasn't able to take a picture on the potty, the camera was downstairs, and i couldn't leave her all alone during her big achievement to grab the camera, so I took a post potty/celebratory juice/ 3 min after picture. I woke her up with kisses and noticed that her diaper was dry, so I didnt have to change it yet. I had a brilliant question, I asked her if she would like to use the big girl potty, to which she enthusiastically shook her head Yes! So I carried her into the bathroom, pulled down her jammie shorts, took off her diaper and put her on the Winnie the Pooh potty seat, and she smiled her sleepy head smile and jabbered and pointed at the toilet paper, and i told her that she could use some after she goes pee pee, and then.... *drum roll * IT HAPPENED! For the first time ever! She PEE'D IN THE POTTY!! I yelled YAY! and clapped my hands and told her how proud of her I was, and smiling from ear to ear I gave her some TP and she wiped up and threw it where it goes, and I Swooped her up in my arms and danced around the bathroom with her, bare bottom and all. 
I then put her diaper back on and jammie shorts, and was taking her downstairs with her and her "t" (blanket) and thats when she asked "aah daddy?" with her hand out conveying a question. (translation: Where's Daddy? He would be so proud too!) I said Daddy is at work, but don't you worry, Im about to text him and tell him what a big girl you are!
Kisses and Hugs for Josie! 21 months old, and she wanted to use the potty and did it!
Even if the potty training doesn't start for a while, Im happy for her and her ability to try new things. My baby girl really is having big moments continually proving to her mama, that she's becoming a big girl like her big sister Avery. :) 

1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

Yay JoeBean! Super amazing day!

Post a Comment