Wednesday, June 10, 2009

First beach day, on a whim

            
Yesterday, Michael Had forgotten his parking permit hanging in my car, and I had to drive down there  to give it to him. I decided that even though if we left right then, we would make it home in time for Josie to get to bed on time, but then I realized that mixing things up now and then is good for the soul, so I turned around and took Josie to the beach. It was great, I had sand toys and a blanket in my car, apparently for situations just like this! The sun was going down, it was breezy and wonderful, and there were tons of seagulls, and Josie had a blast. She tried to soak it all in. My favorite was walking in the water, which was overwhelming but fun for her. She liked playing with the toys in the worlds BIGGEST sandbox aka the beach. Needless to say, the experience was enough to where I want to go again, hopefully with the rest of the family, and with my camera (not just the camera on my phone) 
I kinda wish we had brought our dinner down and had a picnic on the beach. It was a great night, at first I was mad at Michael for making me drive an hour each way... but I am happy that we just turned those lemons into lemonade. :)  

1 comments:

Amanda Porter Rosendahl said...

Yay for beach days! I'm so glad you guys got to make a good time out of an icky one. Way to go with the good times momma!

Post a Comment